Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Geothermal Advantage
Thursday, September 29, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (EDT)
Fort Wayne, United States
A one-day conference on sustainability and ROI
Indiana Tech's renovation of a Civil War-era building included installation of a geothermal heating and cooling system. The result? Annual operating costs have been reduced to about half of the costs for a typical building of the same type, which will provide a payback on the university's investment in about 10 years.
Attending The Geothermal Advantage will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn how a community loop geothermal system is optimized in high performance building design from Mike Lubbehusen of Primary Engineering
- Hear Terry Thornsbury of Viridian Architectural Design tell the tale of saving a historic treasure and creating one of the most energy efficient and technologically advanced buildings in northeast Indiana
- Tour the Wilfred Uytengsu Sr. Center, which was awarded LEED® Gold Certification, to see this renovation and its geothermal system in action
- Discover how Dave Aschliman, dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Sciences, and his colleagues integrate a working geothermal system into Indiana Tech's engineering curriculum
- Consider the potential ROI of geothermal energy through cost savings data and experience shared by Judy Roy, vice president of finance and administration, and Mike Townsley, director of facilities
This conference is provided at no cost to you, thanks to a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy.
When & Where
Indiana Tech Career Center
Contact us at 260-422-5561 ext. 2217
by email at CareerCenter@IndianaTech.edu